The BCcampus Rural and Remote Travel Grant is intended to support access to professional learning events for B.C. post-secondary educators and instructional support staff who do not have sufficient funds for travel and professional development.
Specifically, this grant is for people who wish to attend Studio23 at Simon Fraser University Harbour Centre in Vancouver, B.C., on November 1–2, 2023.
This grant will cover travel expenses up to $1,500 CAD. Free registration for the two-day event is included.
- You must be an instructor or instructional support staff member (e.g., instructional designer, educational developer, faculty developer, educational technologist, learning experience designer) who works in a publicly funded post-secondary institution in B.C.
- You must be a resident of B.C. who lives in a rural or remote community outside the Lower Mainland.
- You must not have access to sufficient professional development funds and would be unable to attend this event without financial support. This grant may be used to supplement institutional or other funding.
- You have not received a grant from BCcampus in the past two fiscal years.
Travel grant funds up to a maximum of $1,500 CAD must be used for:
- Transportation, including airfare and ground transportation to and from Vancouver and between the airport, the event venue, and your accommodation
- Accommodation for up to two nights
Applicants must complete and submit the online grant application form by September 22, 2023.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email during the week of September 25, 2023.
- Grant recipients must confirm acceptance of the grant and provide their current mailing address.
- Grant recipients will receive a code for free registration to the event and make their own travel arrangements.
- SFU will mail cheques to grantees at the mailing address they provide.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.